Electrician Apprenticeship Program
What is an Electrician’s Apprentice?
An electrician’s apprentice works directly under the supervision of a qualified electrician in installing or maintaining a variety of approved wiring methods for distribution of electrical light, heat, power, radio and signaling utilization systems. The work is performed in existing or new residential, commercial and industrial buildings and includes street lighting and other outdoor above and below grade installations. The trade requires physical fitness on the part of the apprentice to do lifting, climbing, crouching and working in cramped areas.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must be physically able to perform the work of the trade
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or the equivalent
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Applicant must be able to pass a background check and a drug test